Preparation Time: 30 mins (excluding marination) | Servings: 10 skewers
- 500g of paneer (cut into large size cubes)
- Red and green peppers (cubed)
- A large handful or fresh coriander (stems and leaves)
- Half a handful of mint leaves
- An inch of ginger
- 2 green chillies
- ¼ cup of fresh yoghurt
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- ¾ tsp of Chaat Masala
- 3 generous tbsp pistachio butter Buy it here
- Salt to taste
- 10 bamboo skewers (soak in water for 30 mins - to prevent burning)
- Mint chutney
- Blend together coriander, mint, green chillies, ginger, lemon juice to a smooth paste without adding any water.
- Empty into a bowl, whisk in fresh natural yoghurt, season with salt and add in chaat masala.
- Add in 3-4 generous tbsp of pistachio butter and mix well into the marinade.
- Mix in the paneer cubes gently into the marinade and let it for rest for a minimum of one hour (60 minutes).
- Start skewering the paneer cubes alternating with red and green peppers.
- Pre-heat oven at 180 degrees celcius for 20 minutes.
- Place the skewers on an oiled tray (or line with aluminium foil) and grill in the oven for about 30-35 minutes until the edges of the paneer start to brown.
- Do not over bake them otherwise the paneer will turn hard and chewy.
- Serve hot with mint chutney.