Preparation Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 5 mins | Serves: 1
Gado gado sauce:
- 4 tsp red curry paste
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter Buy it here
- 3 tsp Kecap Manis
- 1 tsp sambal oelek or other chilli paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
Salad / Grilled chicken:
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 200g baked potatoes - small halved
- 2 - 3 boiled eggs
- 100g fried Tempeh
- 100g grilled chicken breast
GADO GADO PEANUT SAUCE:
- Mix all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium low heat.
- Bring to simmer then cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly so the bottom doesn't catch, until it thickens. If too thick, just add more water - should be able to drizzle it.
- Taste and adjust as follows: lime for more sour, salt, sugar for sweet.
- Cover and keep warm.
- Either make one platter for sharing, or individual. Vegetables and egg can be served warm or at room temp, sauce should be served warm (it thickens when cool).
- Place vegetables and tempeh on serving plate, top with egg.
- Pour sauce into serving bowl or over the salad.
Macros Per Serving:
Calories: 572 | Fat: 33g | Carb: 48g | Protein: 32g