- ½ pumpkin, cut into cubes
- 1 sweet potato, cut into cubes
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 cups vegetable/chicken stock
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt & pepper, to taste
Walnut butter cream:
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon walnut butter Buy it here
- Warm water, to desired consistency
- 1 pinch salt
- In a pot heat up some olive oil and add in the onion and garlic and sauté till translucent and fragrant.
- Add in the sweet potato and pumpkin and sauté for another minute or two.
- Sprinkle in the cinnamon, cumin, red pepper and paprika.
- Toss to coat then pour in the stock. Bring to a boil and then turn down to simmer. Cook till everything is soft.
- Pour into a blender/processor or use an immersion blender and blend into a nice thick soup.
- Whisk the walnut butter with the warm water until you get the creamy consistency you desire. Less water if you prefer it very thick.
- Add in the salt and then drizzle into the soup to serve.