Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 40 mins | Servings: 8
- 150g hazelnuts
- 150g walnuts
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 leek, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Tbs hazelnut butter Buy it here
- 1 sweet potato, boiled and roughly mashed
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 Tbs chopped parsley
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- Milk, as needed
- In a processor blitz the nuts and the stock cube together until chopped in small pieces but not fully ground.
- Line a baking tin with baking paper and heat the oven to 200C.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion, celery, leek and carrots till soft. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Take off the heat and put into a mixing bowl and add in the hazelnut butter, chopped nuts, sweet potato, cranberries, parsley, lemon zest with a bit of milk and salt. Stir till it forms a dense sticky loaf.
- Spoon into the loaf pan and bake covered with foil for 30mins. Remove the foil and further brown for 5-10mins. Serve with a gravy of choice.
Macros Per Serving:
Calories: 386 | Fat: 34.3g | Carb: 16.3g | Protein: 10.4g